Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fertilizer

Today was a good day in the Show Me State. This morning Karen Chancey taught us a lesson in Bible Overview. Man, we even had hand motions that went along with it. We are only in Exodus after 3 hours. Great stuff! She was helping us grow in our knowledge and hunger for the Word. The Institute is fertilizer for us. It is helping us grow closer to God by teaching us about Him and His Word. We also watched this fascinating video about how Christ is portrayed in the Passover Feast. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVolBDlWloQ

Now it is about 35min but it taught me so much, because I knew slim, hardly anything, a half hatched goose egg, about the Jewish custom of Passover. I encourage you to watch it when you have time. I do love a good youtube video.

Then after class it was off to my campus job. Yep, I'm a working woman. Say hello to girl on the maintenance team. I do maintenance around the camp (Be proud Daddy!). I have some great bosses. One of them is named Ken. He is like the Grandfather away from home. He is always pouring Scripture into us and making some witty joke. He is a very humble man who loves to serve God. Today Kara and I got to walk a fertilizer cart around all the campus. We almost used the wrong fertilizer (I'm still learning ok!? haha). Ken picked me up on the John Deere mule and we went to correct the issue. During our ride he was talking about how he has been learning about prophecy these last few years and we discussed prophecy and people prophesying in today's time. It's going to be a great job.

Then I ended the day with a wonderful Skype conversation with some of my dearest friends, Melanie and Christine. Laughter and love are so intertwined into our conversations.



That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment